CONGRATULATIONS, Retail and Commercial Customers on your "Green" purchase of Corru-FillŪ. This shows you care about the safe shipment of your items and are also concerned about helping our planet by using a recycled forest product. Corru-FillŪ is helping people pack and ship safely and is a major step in the fight to save and extend the life of trees. Our increased use of fossils fuels has created more carbon dioxide in the lower atmosphere, which in turn is trapping rising warm air and green house gases; this has contributed to Global Warming. Trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and store it; this is called "carbon sequestration." This process helps to reduce the abundance of carbon dioxide and helps release the trapped warm air and green house gases into the ionosphere, where they can harmlessly dissipate. Your use of Corru-FillŪ is saving our trees, helping to reduce "Global Warming" and helps save our planet!
The Corru-FillŪ box size you purchase should contain enough Corru-FillŪ for the item or items you plan to pack and ship. Tip: Corru-FillŪ takes up less space to protect your items then most other products when used correctly. As a plus, the Corru-FillŪ box itself, when empty, may be suitable for shipping your items. If you already have a shipping box and have purchased Corru-FillŪ for all its protective qualities then you are ready to start packing by following these suggestions. Make sure you have the right size box for the item or items being packed (not too large and not too small). "Make the box fit the item, not the item fit the box". You will want to use a box that gives you enough room to have a minimum of 2" to 3" of clearance 360° around the item being shipped. The following example explains just how to do this.
- Fit the item to be packed by placing it into an empty box positioning the item the best way for travel (horizontally or vertically).
- Make sure the item has enough clearance; a minimum of 4" from the top of the item to the top of the empty box is necessary.
- Now take the item out of the box and add a base of Corru-FillŪ evenly across the bottom. You'll want a minimum of 2" of Corru-FillŪ when the full weight of the item is firmly centered, in the middle of the box, on top of the Corru-FillŪ. Remember to position the item the way it will most likely travel. Tip: Most important, you can check the depth of the Corru-FillŪ with a pencil to make sure you have a good 2". If you do not have the minimum amount of protective packing material under the item then add some more until you do. A little more is always better. Now simply use Corru-FillŪ to fill in along the four sides of the box, surrounding the item in the space you have allotted. The top of the item should now be positioned so that there is room enough to put 2" of protective covering. When the box lids are closed you should feel a slight compression of the Corru-FillŪ.
- Before taping the box, providing it not too heavy for you to lift and with the lids firmly closed and in place, pick up the box and shake it. There should be no movement inside; if there is movement add a little more Corru-FillŪ to the sides and/or top and shake again.
Tip: Corru-FillŪ can be safely stored until the next time you are ready to ship.
NOW ASK THESE SIX QUESTIONS
1. WHAT IS THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE ITEM OR ITEMS BEING SHIPPED?
One of the key attributes of Corru-FillŪ is its ability to handle weight without crumbling while still retaining its resiliency. The extreme settling that can occur with other packing materials is minimized when shipping heavy items with Corru-FillŪ. Once you have the weight of the item or items, use the right size box that has the correct protective wall strength for that weight. To determine this look on the bottom of the box it will tell you the box's bursting test weight. Now use the correct amount of Corru-FillŪ needed. Corru-FillŪ protects items by cushioning and surrounding the items 360š. Tip: When packing any item make sure that the weight is used as an asset meaning you want the heaviest part of an item to be positioned in the box the way the box will most likely travel in route. You can indicate this on the outside of the box by writing "This Side Up". Tip: Corru-FillŪ is a very crafty type of product and lends itself to be used in many different ways. Buffers or spacers can be simply made and used to support heavier Items or used to fill in along the sides of the box in hard to reach places. Corru-FillŪ rolled into Brown Kraft, Newspaper or even put in a Paper Bag and compressed while in the bag, makes an excellent buffer or spacer. Make sure the excess air is eliminated from the bag as you close it. Corru-FillŪ can also be gathered and bundled up by hand, all in the same direction, squeezed tightly together and then rubber banded or taped around to make a quick supportive wedge. Buffers or spacers can be placed around the item or between items to help reduce any settling, shifting or jarring in route. Corru-FillŪ can be used in combination with other packing materials if desired.
2. ARE ANY OF THE ITEMS FRAGILE?
Fragile items should be packed in a way as to separate them from each other and wrapped individually in newspaper or inserted into a brown paper bag. If you use a brown paper bag you can also put a small amount of Corru-FillŪ around the item inside the bag to further protect its fragility as you roll the bag closed. A layer of Corru-FillŪ can be placed on top and around the outside of the bag to act as an additional buffer between items. Now the next item can be packed and placed adjacent to it in the same manner. Tip: Corru-FillŪ allows you to be very creative when packing any item. Take advantage of all its quality attributes to ship safely.
3. DO ANY OF THE ITEMS REQUIRE A 100% DUST FREE ENVIRONMENT?
A 100% dust free environment can be achieved for any item by pre-wrapping with Newspaper, Brown Kraft or by simply placing the item in a Brown Paper Bag before closing it. (Air removed)
4. ARE THE ITEMS LIQUIDS PACKAGED IN BOTTLES, CANS, OR PLASTIC CONTAINERS? CAN THEY LEAK, DENT OR BREAK?
Liquids being shipped in any type of containers (Plastic, Cans or Bottles) can be buffered or spaced from each other with Corru-FillŪ.They can be packed vertically or horizontally. Separate them with Corru-FillŪ wedges in between. An additional layer of Corru-FillŪ placed over and around the tops will absorb any liquid leakage. Further, a piece of flat cut corrugated box can be used as a partition. The next layer of items can then be packed on the flat using a new layer of Corru-FillŪ in the same manner. Tip:
Corru-FillŪ is very absorbent and if a leak occurs it will usually be confined to a small area within the box. This will help to reduce damage claims.
5. ARE THE ITEMS FOOD PRODUCTS THAT CAN BE BRUISED LIKE FRUIT, OR ARE YOU PACKING ANY TYPE OF BAKED GOODS?
Food items such as fruit (apples, oranges, pears, etc.) can be wrapped individually or simply nested in a Corru-FillŪ base using additional free wedging (un-banded wedge) where needed. Fruit can also be paper bagged tightly, placed in the box and protected with Corru-FillŪ. Baked goods should be protectively boxed (covered) before being packed to insure freshness. Boxed goods can then be topped off and protected with Corru-FillŪ.
6. ARE THE ITEMS ELECTRONIC SUCH AS COMPUTERS, RADIOS, MONITORS OR COMPONENT PARTS?
Electronic products will be in a static free environment with Corru-FillŪ. Make sure that you have the correct size box to allow for the proper amount of Corru-FillŪ to surround and protect the item 360š. Tip: Computers packed correctly with Corru-FillŪ can be shipped at their actual shipping weight; this makes double boxing optional.
LAST: When packing any item for shipment use good judgment. Corru-FillŪ allows the user a variety of options not found with any other packing product. When your box is packed and sealed correctly with Corru-FillŪ there should be no movement at all inside the box. If you have movement, simply open and repack the box.
Have questions or need additional information? Please... Contact Us Corru-Shred Inc. at: 954-788-7711. Thank You for choosing Corru-FillŪ and helping save the trees that reduce our "Global Warming".
Copyright Đ 2001 Corru-Shred, Inc. All rights reserved.